can we put a [gnucash] label in the subject line?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Apr 25 12:16:43 EDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 08:54:58AM -0700, Paula Hendricks wrote:
> can we get [gnucash] to be in our subject line automatically? i like to filter my email and when i can only filter by the usergroup name then i miss the individual correspondences...

Note that most filters will allow you to filter on List-Id (which is a
header on all the mails from this list), on the combination of the To:
or Cc: headers, and so on.  (Your filter language is probably more
complicated than you know.)

I'm not actually opposed to this, although I sorta hate it, but it's
worth noting that "filtering" is now a poor reason to implement the
tagging in the subject line.  That said, I'll observe that even the
IETF, the purists of the Internet, do this subject-line tagging on
many lists.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com