how to undo the last mistakenly done changes.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 26 12:35:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

Vivek Agrawal <vickymnit at gmail.com> writes:

> Sometimes i need functionality of undoing the last mistakenly done changes.
> Is it possible in GNUCash in near future? or I have missed it in the
> existing version.
> Till now I have to revert back to the last backup file. Please let me know
> if there is any easier way to do it.

Alas, no, there is no "Undo" in GnuCash.  Your best option is to
save-early, save-often, and then you can just quit without saving when
you realize you've made a mistake.  Of course, this only works if you
use the XML file backend.  If you use SQL then your changes are saved
immediately so that option wont work.

And no, at this time I know of no plans to implement "undo".