Quickfill again

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 26 12:42:51 EDT 2012

Paul,

Paul Abrahams <abrahams at acm.org> writes:

> Every once in a while I'd like to reraise the issue of being able to
> cancel quickfill for a particular transaction.  Right now there are
> ways to circumvent it, like tabbing past the Description field and
> then backtabbing to it, but they are all unnatural and inconvenient.
[snip]

> I can't speak with certainty to the effort involved in making this
> change, but I wouldn't expect it to require an excessive amount of
> coding.
>
> Thanks for reconsidering this idea.

Nobody has ever said the idea is bad; I'm sure lots of people would like
it.  So I'm not sure what "reconsideration" you are asking for, here.
If you want to see it implemented quickly then I'm afraid your best
option is to find a developer (maybe you, maybe someone else) who can
implement it and have that person send in the patches.  Other than that,
I'm afraid it's just sitting in the queue of great ideas that don't get
implemented due to lack of time.

There is no need to bring it up on the list again and again.  Put it
into UserVoice.  Or file an RFE in Bugzilla.  But without patches tied
to it I think it's unlikely to happen until some developer really wants
to see it happen.  Emailing over and over wont change that.

Thanks,