Business acct.

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Apr 27 09:34:39 EDT 2012

On Fri 27 April 12 08:20:01 Trenton Hall wrote:
> ok, so, I've started a separate data file for Notary work. Since I don't
> have a checking/savings just for this, is there a way to
> connect the personal checking/savings accounts w/the notary income, since I
> deposit notary income into my personal checking/savings or cash in some
> cases.  I actually have another program that does track notary income and
> jobs, though not to my liking.   I'm sort of experimenting w/GC to see if I
> can use this for both or just back up for notary work.

Hi Trenton,

If you are using your personal checking account to hold onto the Notary
business money, then I suppose that I would suggest that you create a dummy
bank account in the Notary books, so that you have somewhere to transfer to.
you could call it Assets:LookedAfterByTrenton, for example, which is fairly
accurate as a description!

In the personal books, I would probably create a new liability account, called
Liability:LoanedByNotary and also sub-account of checking to hold that pool of
money.  It does mean entering the bank transactions twice, once in the notary
books and once in the personal.

I'll say it again, though - if you and the notary business are 2 separate
entities, be careful to keep them financially segregated, just in case the tax
inspector pays you a visit....often they are easily confused, but always keen
to charge!

Maf.