three different business accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Apr 28 04:55:21 EDT 2012

On Fri 27 April 12 18:11:23 Bojangles wrote:
> Is it possible to have a gnucash account for each of three different
> businesses?
>
> OR do I have to have three different accounting programs, like "grisbe" and
> "gnucash"?
> Bo

Hi,

Gnucash can have as many different files as you need - each file will contain
one set of books.  Just go File -> New File until you have what you need.

One caveat is that saved customised reports options and preferences are set
per-user, not per-file.  That does make sense for some of the options, but
things like default year-end date etc. can catch out the un-wary.

Note that GC will make backups and log files etc. to help ensure your data
integrity, I would put each of the businesses in its own folder to try to
maintian some sort of order!

HTH
Maf.