three different business accounts

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Apr 29 07:53:43 EDT 2012

>>So I just learned that in Ubuntu Gnucash does not treat Linux links as
>>it treats Windows shortcuts.
>>

>This is a feature of whatever desktop is in use.
>
>It is not a feature of Gnucash.
>
>Just to muddy the waters, I'm using a desktop which doesn't support
>desktop links at all.

An explanation for the non 'nix folks out there.

You think you are interacting with your operating system directly. You
are not. Because your Windows operating system or Mac operating system
is coming with only one "desktop" you think THAT is the operating
system. By "desktop" I mean your "windows manager" that gives you a GUI
interface with the operating system underneath. This is more obvious to
linux users because their linux installations almost always offer them a
CHOICE of which of several windows managers/desktops they prefer to use.
So for them clear that the windows manager/desktop is distinct from the
operating system.

Michael