UK Unit Trust/OEIC Prices

Steven Hale stevenhale at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:23:17 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I've been using Gnucash for a long time now, but I've only recently
started using the investment features.

I have added my investment account and created new securities as
described in the documentation.  I am now trying to get the prices for
them to update automatically.

I use Fedora 16 and Gnucash 2.4.10 installed from the Fedora yum repository.

I have tested Finance::Quote and I know it is working correctly.

$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo AMZN
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: AMZN                 <=== required
      date: 04/27/2012           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 226.85               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 226.85               <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional
[hale at netbook Encrypted]$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo IBM
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: IBM                  <=== required
      date: 04/28/2012           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 206.96               <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 206.96               <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

Now I would like to try and get the price for a UK unit trust from
HSBC - "HSBC FTSE All Share Index Retail Acc".

The ISIN code for this fund is GB0000438233.L and it is shown on Yahoo
Finance http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GB0000438233.L

But Finance::Quote can't find it.

$ gnc-fq-dump yahoo GB0000438233.L
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: GB0000438233.L       <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== required
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last: 0.00                 <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price:                      <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by gnucash!!

Any idea what is going wrong?

I have tried various different price providers such as yahoo_europe
and uk_unit_trusts but none of the work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve.