assistance with database error?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Aug 2 00:23:02 EDT 2012

On Aug 1, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Josh Quinnell <quin0167 at umn.edu> wrote:

> Yes, I apologize that was just an awkward way for me to ask if there is another way to get the database into 2.4.10. Open -> save causes this problem, apparently without editing data at all. Prior I thought it had to do with the few hundred transactions I entered during the switch.

The problem with that claim is that the error message is from the import code, so you did in fact try to import the database. That won't work. Please try again with File>Open. If you get an error from that, please do paste in the last 10 - 20 lines of gnucash.trace along with any messages you get on the console.

Regards,
John Ralls