tsx quotes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Aug 3 20:19:05 EDT 2012

On Aug 3, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Keith Bellairs <keith at bellairs.org> wrote:

> I have a couple of TSX listed funds like CDZ and ZDV. When I use the price
> tool it says "unable to retrieve quotes". Anyone have a configuration that
> works to get these prices?

You can try sticking ".to" on the end, e.g. cdz.to.

In general, FQ works either by screen-scraping or for services that support it (Yahoo! does) querying the formatted-output version of the webpage. To figure out if and how a particular quote service reports a stock symbol, go to that service with your browser and search for the company. When you find it, the page will almost always display the symbol the way the service wants it, and you can use that in the security editor.

Regards,
John Ralls