How does one adjust column widths?

Richard Dawson rcdawson at att.net
Sat Aug 4 13:32:26 EDT 2012

I have been using Gnucash for a number of years, and finally the balance for
myCD broke into five digits!  A great day, but unfortunately the column width
for balance is too narrow to accommodate that fabulous good fortune!  the most
significant digit isn't displayed.

I tried simply clicking and dragging the boundary line in the column header,
but that produces very strange results.  I have had good luck using that
technique to change the width of the check number column, but a cannot seem to
influence the blance width.  Also, I cannot narrow the description column.
Very difficult to describe exactly what happens when I try; suffice it to say
it just doesn't work.

Is there some other way, a way that works, to adjust column widths?

Thank you,

Richard