Fail to update Exchange Rates

Chan.pat93 Chan.pat93 at yahoo.com.hk
Mon Aug 6 10:01:16 EDT 2012

I follow the instructions but still fail the update exchange rates (The “Get
Quote” in Price Editor turned grey and I found out that Edit Currency window
shows “Warning: Finance:: Quote not installed properly” as below image).
Further, when I typed perldoc Finance::Quote in windows, there is no
documentation show up.

http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656036/Edit_Currency.jpg
The following were steps I took to the above result:

1.	Download the .pl file from the link at
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/attachments/20120209/5210ad5f/attachment-0001.pl.
2.	Rename attachment-0001.pl to quote.pm
3.	Locate the original quote.pm which was located at c:\Perl\site\lib
4.	Rename the original quote.pm to Old-quote.pm
5.	Copy and paste the quote.pm (renamed from attachment-0001.pl) to
c:\Perl\site\lib
N.B: I don’t know whether the Quote.pm (that I renamed from
attachment-0001.pl) is a valid .pm file because I note the icon of that file
is different from Old-Quote.com (below image)
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656036/Quote_Icon.jpg
I also re-install Finance:: Quote and repeat the whole process but still
cannot update exchange rate.

Hope any user can tell me what is missing in my case.