Starting balance off

Fuchs Ira irafuchs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 08:33:30 EDT 2012

Not a silly question. Yes, it is an interest bearing account and yes I did enter the interest (it would not have reconciled without it…the Finish button will not be enabled unless the difference is 0.00). The only thing I can think of is that somehow one transaction (and unfortunately it doesn't have to be the previous month) was changed and that the starting balance changed as a result. However, to find this change I would need to go back and recheck every transaction for this account (over one year) which is not feasible. It would be great if there were a log entry for a reconciled transaction which was changed i.e.,  if the user overrides the warning). Of course, I don't recall making any such change so this is just speculation but I don't know how the balance could be off otherwise, given that I reconciled the account last month.