New install in Suse 64bit gone awry

Andrew Greig pushin.linux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 06:35:42 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 09:15 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew Greig <pushin.linux at gmail.com> writes:
>
> [snip]
> > /usr/share/guile/site/slib/guile.init:560:10: In procedure open-file in
> > expression (if (and errinfo #) (apply throw errinfo)):
> > /usr/share/guile/site/slib/guile.init:560:10: No such file or directory:
> > "/usr/share/guile/site/slib/mklibcat"
> > andrew at linux-mupq:~>
>
> This implies the SLIB is not configured correctly on your system.
> You might be able to fix this by running gnucash once, as root.
>
> > And now the notebook:
> > andrewg at andrewg:~> gnucash
> > gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
> > configure time.
> >
> > ;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
> > ;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
> > ;;; compiling /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm
> > ;;; compiling /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/core-utils.scm
> > ;;; WARNING: compilation
> > of /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/core-utils.scm failed:
> > ;;; ERROR: no code for module (sw_core_utils)
> > ;;; compiling /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/gnc-module.scm
> > ;;; WARNING: compilation
> > of /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/gnc-module.scm failed:
> > ;;; ERROR: no code for module (sw_gnc_module)
> > ;;; WARNING: compilation
> > of /usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm failed:
> > ;;; ERROR: In procedure debug-options-interface: Unknown option name:
> > maxdepth
>
> No clue about this one.  What version of guile do you have here?  You
> might try using the GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 option as it suggests.
>
> [snip]
> > I am not a programmer, so if I could get some guidance to resolve these
> > issues, I would really appreciate it.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Andrew greig
> > Melbourne, Australia

> -derek

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the reply.  Because I use a Gnome desktop gnucash was
installed as part of the distro install from DVD on both my AMD Phenom
Desktop and the 64bit Compaq CQ43.  This same image installed perfect
working versions of gnucash the first time that Suse 12.1 was installed
on each.  I tried running it as root and suggested it install the config
files in the Home directory.

I could remove the files using the package manager and then re-install
from the RPM for gnucash on the DVD and see how I go.

Andrew Greig
Melbourne, Australia