Check register questions

Mike Morris twriterext at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:42:42 EDT 2012

>From Help Manual:  Description field. This field is used to enter either a
payee or other description for the transaction.

Is there no way to enter a list of Payees?

Is there no way to enter a description separate from the payee?

For example, a payee might be King Soopers (a grocery store), or Whole
Foods (another grocery store).

If I buy groceries, I want that description associated with the payee and
transaction, and I want to see monthly totals for each payee for each
"description."

If I buy gas for the car from the grocery store, I want that description
associated with the payee and transaction.

I want to be able to see monthly totals for that payee for both
descriptions (groceries and gas).  Is this possible?  If so how?  I have
spent a lot of time combing through the Help Manual and the Tutorial, but,
if the answer is there, I can't see it.