reports without decimals?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Aug 24 13:30:31 EDT 2012

>Ah, the monetary amounts are rounded to two decimal places and you want them to be rounded to zero decimal places ... how about copying the report to a spreadsheet and rounding off the numbers there?
>
>Best,
>
>Yawar

Oh dear. This was about rounding?

Yes I know you might be required to file with governmental agencies on a
"whole dollar" (or whatever) basis. But that does not mean you should
keep your books that way. Just because A + B = C does NOT mean that
rounded(A) + rounded(B) = rounded (C). You are going to have enough
trouble with just the limited fudging which might become necessary in
your tax filings. You do NOT want to have the zillion OOB (out of
balance) errors you would get if all your amounts were rounded as
entered and you would be doing one heck of a lot of fudging amounts.

Michael

(somebody who amoung other things used to have to compute the necessary
"fuzz" to make comparisons work when rounding errors were involved).