Question regarding "REBATE" category.

David Walsh wnacous at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 24 15:01:25 EDT 2012

I believe the initial account set-up is where the problem lies yet it still seems to be giving the "rebate" category and not deposits/withdrawls. I have entered "Bank" as Account type, then prompted to choose an appropriate "parent account." So far, none of the choices I've opted for are without the rebate category. What might you suggest as the parent account in order to create a basic checkbook ledger for the business model? The Account Name and Description...? If you have any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate your input and thank you for your patience.
Respectfully,WNA