reports without decimals?

Anna's unattended mail anna.morris-1okt59qe at cool.fr.nf
Sun Aug 26 05:57:17 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-26, Dean Gibson <gnucash at ultimeth.com> wrote:
> Sometimes I wonder if we forget that:
>
> * this software is free;

Presumably, your use of "free" is to mean free as in gratis (as
opposed to libre).  With respect to this thread, why do you find this
important to remember?  Are you saying that limitations of cost-free
software should not be discussed?

> * this software has pretty good support, even without considering
> that it is free;

Need this be said?  Answers to problems posted are self-evident how
good the support is.  Each user is their own judge of that.  Usually
point-blank positive statements like that above are made when the
contrary appears.  The fact that you find it necessary to mention
suggests that you believe you're seeing the contrary, no?

> * it was designed for a specific need of one person, and has
> expanded to include additional requested features.

Indeed.  Your reminders above implies that you oppose this kind of
expansion.  Why?

> Not to mention that support for those ignorant of or just learning
> accounting principles is also free here.

Agreed, and rightly so.  But I struggle to see the relevence.