Weird behaviour with trading accounts?

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Aug 26 19:12:45 EDT 2012

--On August 26, 2012 8:06:13 PM +0200 Mark <msalists at gmx.net> wrote:

> Ok, this way it worked - the main difference this time: using "Basic
> Ledger" view instead of the "Transaction Journal" view I have been
> using before.
> How (which fields in which row) would I enter this in "Transaction
> Journal view to get the same result?

I just did the same thing in the Transaction Journal view and it worked
there too.  Open the EUR checking account.  In a new transaction the
first split will, by default, be in that account.  Enter "100.00" in
the "credit" column.  Tab to the next split and enter a USD account,
e.g., Expenses:Dining.  Then enter 124.70 in the Debit column and tab
out of the split.  In the exchange rate dialog that should pop up, put
in 1.247 as the exchange rate or 100 as the amount and close it.  Hit
enter to record the transaction and you should get the two trading
account splits.

            Mike