Understanding the 'transfer' list of options...

Expert_wannabe GnuCash at pubmenu.com
Tue Aug 28 17:13:55 EDT 2012

Thank you Colin & Liz for your replies.

Time was pressing on and so I've just spent the last 10 - 12 hours
transferring all my into to good ol' Excel.
The problem was that I needed to get this info to the HMRC and it didn't
look like I could get what I needed from GnuCash.
Basically, I needed this info......

/VAT due in this period on sales and other outputs (Box 1)
Enter the VAT due on all goods and services you supplied in this period.

VAT due in this period on acquisitions from other EC Member States (Box 2)
Enter the VAT due (but not paid) on all goods and related services you
acquired in this period from other EC Member States.

Box 3 Auto

VAT reclaimed in this period on purchases and other inputs (including
acquisitions from the EC) (Box 4)
Enter the amount of VAT deductible on any business purchases including
acquisitions of goods and related services from other EC Member States. This
is your Input tax.

Box 5 Auto

Total value of sales and all other outputs excluding any VAT. (Box 6)
Enter the value, excluding VAT, of your total outputs (supplies of goods and
services). Include zero rated, exempt outputs and EC supplies from box 8.
Please note: If you use the Flat Rate Scheme, please enter the turnover to
which you applied the flat rate scheme percentage including VAT.

Total value of purchases and all other inputs excluding any VAT. (Box 7)
Enter the value, excluding VAT, of all your inputs (purchases of goods and
services). Include zero rated, exempt inputs and EC acquisitions from box 9.

Total value of all supplies of goods and related costs, excluding any VAT,
to other EC Member States (Box 8)
Enter the total value of all supplies of goods to other EC Member States.
Include related costs such as freight and insurance where these form part of
the invoice or contract price. The figure should exclude VAT. If you enter
anything in box 8, include the amount in the Box 6 total.
Please note: Do not include the value of the supplies of services made to
other EC Member States.
You can find details of other EC Member States on the HMRC website by
following the links below.
	• Notice 60
	• Notice 725
Alternatively, follow the 'All about Intrastat' link on the uktradeinfo
website at www.uktradeinfo.com.

Total value of all acquisitions of goods and related costs, excluding any
VAT, from other EC Member States (Box 9)
Enter the total value of all goods acquired from other EC Member States.
Include related costs such as freight and insurance where these form part of
the invoice or contract price. The figure should exclude VAT. If you enter
anything in box 9, include the amount in the box 7 total.
Please note: Do not include the value of the supplies of services received
from other EC Member States.
You can find details of other EC Member States on the HMRC website by
following the links below.
	• Notice 60
	• Notice 725
Alternatively, follow the 'All about Intrastat' link on the uktradeinfo
website at www.uktradeinfo.com./

And I needed it sooner rather than later!
It took me less than one day to start from scratch with Excel to get the
results I needed, whereas, I tried for days and days (very long days - 14
hour days) with GnuCash and I was just getting nowhere fast. I'm surprised
I'm not bald yet!

I won't totally give up on it yet, but I don't have much faith in it.

Liz:
      I see what you are saying with (value/5*4) etc, but I don't believe I
should have to do that for every entry.
I certainly don't have to do that in my spreadsheet. It works it all out for
me. The only problem with my spreadsheet is that although it 'works' it
doesn't look pretty!