How do I deal with delayed payments/sales?

mikedefieslife carl.michael at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 04:11:38 EDT 2012

Ok that makes sense.

We'd probably just list the account as "Debtors" in the UK.

Now in GNU cash how do I move something from the Debtors account (i.e A/R)
to bank?

If I change transfer from Sales, to bank, then obviously the amount is
missing my sales. Do I have to create a while new transaction entry? Where
do I create this new entry?

I enter a payment in the Debtors account (A/R) it reduces the balance there,
but it also reduces the balance in my sales account, rather than adding to
my bank account.

Despite there being two lines for each transaction in the Debtors account.
GNU Cash won't let me edit the second line to show a payment made into the
bank.