Importing QIF from Skrooge

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 30 08:50:46 EDT 2012

Hi,

Algeorge <agm.alistairgg at mailnull.com> writes:

> Yes, that was a sensible option even though it took a while it was worth it.
> Skrooge had generated some fields that were like this:
> ^
> D2005-10-31
> T-1.776356839e-15
> //see above     ^^   if you search or parse for e- with these fields you
> will soon sort out the faulty fields.

WOW!  That's... impressive!  It looks like it's incorrectly rounding a 0
and outputting that notation!  Yeah, no wonder we don't parse it.
That's very much invalid.  I'm surprised that something else parses it!
They must use some hackery like scanf() or something.

> I dont know what the 'T' field stands for. In the Skrooge register, there
> were 3 separate transactions on the same day below.

The T field is "Total"

> D2005-10-31
> T-1.776356839e-15   //changed to T0 manually
> PWbh Hardware
> MEFTPOS
> CR
> SProperty Expense:Maintenance
> ECave
> $-3.89
> SPers:Drawings
> EHardware
> $-9.06
> SCash Reversal
> $12.95
> ^
>

> Hope this helps someone in the future, but it would sure be good to be able
> to have some pointers when the import engine is not happy.
> Kind regards,
> Alistair

Yeah, it would.  It's just hard to do with the current architecture of
the importer.  Some schemer is welcome to give it a try.