Projects with multiple payors

artneko artneko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:18:49 EST 2012

I am hoping to use gnucash for our neighborhood association.  We publish a
paper that is paid for by local business advertising.  I would like to be
able to run reports by each issue as to the revenue for each issue, who has
paid and who has yet to pay, as well as run reports by the individual
advertisers.  I can't quite figure out how to set up the accounts.  Job
numbers seem to require individual owners.  Is there a simple way I can do
this? Could someone help me with this?

I would imagine that it would be similar as to how a non-profit would track
donors/sponsors to individual fund raising events.  It's probably real
obvious, just not to me and my rusty accounting skills.

We also may have various events that I need to set up income and expense for
and I'm just not seeing how to do it.  Can you have job numbers with
multiple customers as income sources?

Thank you!