Retrieving quotes for Canadian mutual funds

Scott Armitage mail at scott.armitage.name
Fri Dec 21 23:11:28 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to get GnuCash with Finance::Quote to retrieve my mutual fund
quotes but I am having some annoyances. I found
this<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2012-January/042523.html>thread
which allowed me to get it retrieving quotes, however for e.g. "TD
Canadian Index -e" (a.k.a. "TDB900"), I have to enter "13788" as the
symbol/abbreviation. This means that throughout GnuCash, 13788 is displayed
instead of the far more descriptive and convenient TDB900.

Is there any way to make Finance::Quote use the "ISIN, CUSIP or other code"
field for the look-up?

Regards,
-S

--