Program is hanging up

butterandsalt at gmail.com butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 23:45:36 EST 2012

Ok, well, I was feeling pretty good about my installation a few hours ago,
after days of transferring over data, I was finally nearing the end.  Over
the past few days, however, I began to notice that the program would
occasionally hang up, eg, when I would click to expand a category, when I
went to close out an account, when I went to click on opening up a split,
or simply clicking one of the boxes in the preference area.  I really
didn't think that much of it, cause eventually it would respond.

I started working on one of my last accounts, an investment account, and in
connection with wanting to get price updates, I downloaded and installed
the activeperl program that I understood was a prerequisite to have it
installed.  I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the worsening of
my problems, just mentioning it.

Now the program has got to the point where it opens, etc., but if you try
to do almost anything, even clicking the box to turn on or off tips, or
trying to delete a line, or run an update, it hangs.  Eventually the
program has to be terminated, although in a rare occasion it will finally
execute.

I backed up my data and related files, and uninstalled the program,
re-downloaded it, reinstalled it, etc., but still the same situation.  I
also tried opening up an earlier backup thinking maybe something was wrong
with my data file, but it acts the same.

Using Windows 7.  You folks have any ideas?  I'm exhausted at this point.
 Thanks.