Share Incentive Plan

gnucash_rob robcussons at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 05:40:46 EST 2012

Hi, through work we have a share incentive plan. This means that we can
invest a certain amount per month and buy shares in the company. I currently
put a certain amount of money in each month from my gross income which is
just more than enough to buy three shares. This is used to buy three shares
by the scheme and I also get six matching shares free. After three years
these matching shares are able to be kept even if I leave the scheme, along
with the dividends generated by them. After five years, the shares are free
of tax and national insurance, hence preserving the tax relief.

I'm just entering my first wage slip which of course includes the money I
put into this SIP. I have no idea how to accurately enter the above! I tried
creating a share account called SIP, with the company being correctly linked
to Yahoo Europe, but then I get asked for the exchange rate between the
salary account and the SIP account, do I need an in-between account to
represent the holding account for the SIP?

Thanks for any help!