Program is hanging up

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 16:33:57 EST 2012

Don't congratulate me yet.

1. I did not find either of your referenced .gtkrc or .gtkrc-2.0 files in my
home directory in my original user space.  After getting your reply, when I
ran GnuCash in my original user space, it was hanging up as reported earlier
although clearly there is no evidence of that style being there (I can tell
cause there is no ORANGE).

2. So I went to my last "new user" that still runs GnuCash just fine, and
copied the .gconf, .gconfdd, .gnome2, .gnome2_private, and .gnucash folders
(ok, I'm flailing) from that new user over to the original user, thinking if
it works there, must work here...

Note:  The only "thing" that distinguishes having GnuCash run successfully
vs. not successfully (eg hanging up), is where it runs successfully, that
style program was NEVER run on it.

3. After copying those folders over, the program does not hang, eg
non-responsive and an error dialog box comes up.  However, it is
non-responsive, eg, if I click to expand Expenses, it opens up, but if I
click again to minimize it, it does nothing; if I click Equity, it does
nothing; if I go to preferences and click the tip box, it does nothing.

So clearly (to me), something is remembering that I had run that style
program even though it is no longer active.

Sigh.