OO Base/SQLite

spotty albino jehelsby at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 25 23:21:55 EST 2012

Greetings

I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas :)

I have a question about using LibreOffice Base to connect to the GNUcash
database so I can build my own reports in Base. I realise similar questions
have been asked before. Unfortunately I have no experience with databases
and everything I have read in the Nabble and FAQ goes over my head.

I'm using Gnucash 2.4.11 and Mac OS 10.6.

Base can connect to a database using MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, JDBC amongst a
few other methods. I understand PostgreSQL is not recommended as the libdbi
is no longer easily obtainable for OSX. I've read that SQLITE is recommended
since it is simple and does not require much maintenance.

My question are;

-Is SQLITE right for me?
-How do I go about setting up SQLITE to interface with Gnucash?
-How do I got about setting up LibreOffice Base to interface with SQLITE?

Please note I have limited experience with the Terminal, although I'm keen
to learn. I do not wish to write to the gnucash databse.

Thank you
Joshua Helsby