Equity Opening Balance not showing up for stock

Chris Henderson henders254 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 02:50:19 EST 2012

I have added some equity opening balance but the dollar value is not
showing up under Equity:opening balance account.

I go to Assets:Investment:Broker ABC:Stock:GOOG and add the stock as
equity:opening balance. And when I go to the other side (i.e.
equity:opening balance) it shows the transaction from
Assets:Investment:Broker ABC:Stock:GOOG but the Increase field is
empty. All my other stocks (which are with another broker) seem to
have been added fine.

The account GOOG has account type stock, the account Stock has account
type: Bank with currency US Dollar (my default currency is Australian
dollar),  Broker ABC has account type: bank with currency US dollar.

Thanks.