GnuCash PostgreSQL support

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 1 00:50:35 EST 2012

Thanks for sharing this :-)

I use PostgreSQL a bit with GIS and other records, and intend to play
with GNUcash in pg along the way too...

seeing how/what others wrote is handy for learning more tricks...
I am comfortable with SQL but using other means to implement (it and make it look pretty) like
Python or Ruby is new stuff to me. Be nice to see how others have made
use of the SQL option in GNUcash :-)

As others commented, I know the xml versions can still have things
written for custom reporting etc, but I've not delved into that because
I'm familiar with SQL but not with much else.

Managed to download the file OK, so will see how much I can glean from there :-)

Regards,
Shane.