How to set up credit card returns

Dave Niezby daveniezby at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 10:04:32 EST 2012

It's a debit to the liability (otherwise called a deposit)

When you spend the money you increase your liability account.  When a payment is made or have a chargeback it is deposited back into the liability account thus lowering your liability.

Entries you would select
LIABILITIES:CREDIT CARDS:VISA

Just record the withdrawal there and the deposit in that account.

-- Dave