active tab color

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Feb 2 08:17:40 EST 2012

Op woensdag 1 februari 2012 19:41:23 schreef Harold:
> I have been looking for the answer to this but haven't found it yet....
>
> In PCLOS 2011 kde and Gnucash 2.4.8 I have more than one bank account tab at
> the top. Is there a way to make the active tab a different color. I notice
> that when you click a tab it gets a little taller but they are all a gray
> color. If the active tab changed color or went white it would be easy to
> see which tab was active. Is this controlled by Gnucash or the theme of the
> distro?
This is really a distro theme issue.

Gnucash uses whatever theme you have configured via your distro's control
panel (be it KDE or Gnome).

If that theme doesn't clearly distinguish the active tab from other tabs,
there's not much we can change.

Others have already replied suggesting that the colour code you can set per
account in the account's properties dialog could help you partly. You could
use this for example to define specific colours for important accounts, but it
is totally unrelated to the tab being active or not.

Alternatively, you could check if your distro's control panel allows you to
tweak the active theme, or you can install and configure another theme via
that way.

Geert