No subject

Garo Sirinian gsirinian at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:29:12 EST 2012

I have just started using Linux and being a long time user of Quicken I am trying to use GnuCash instead.

I am having difficulty setting my accounts tree in the following area:

Wanting to start my files from the beginning of this year ignoring my past history, I don't know how to set up beginning balances to my accounts (including my home) without having the opening balances duplicating.  I have listed my home for example under ASSETS with a current value but it also shows up under EQUITY's opening balances.

I am sure that I am doing something wrong but being new at both accounting as well as Linux and GnuCash I am stuck.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Garo Sirinian

email:    gsirinian at hotmail.com