starting balance on new file

Nolan Young nryoung415 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:46:09 EST 2012

Okay, thanks.  That makes sense.

We have had the same checking account for many years, but I start a
new file every calendar year.  I was looking for a way to have the
previous file's closing balance (December 31) be the new file's
starting balance, so it will agree with the bank statement, but it
sounds like it doesn't work that way.  I have no accounting training
or background, so thanks for the feedback.

I will adjust the credits to make the reconciliation work.