GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

foxylady337 hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:37:26 EST 2012

Thanks, Dan.

I fear that a new version of GnuCash won't solve my problem - given that
it's probably a routine update of Ubuntu 10.04 which caused it in the first
place, rather than a fault which has suddenly appeared in GnuCash 2.4.7
after 8 months of satisfactory performance. I re-installed the same
(Ubuntu-supported) version of GnuCash in case I'd somehow corrupted some
part of the product, but got exactly the same error.

My laptop has Ubuntu 11.10, which has a different UI from Ubuntu 10.04, and
may not have broken GnuCash for this reason.

I'm not in a great hurry to upgrade my desktop from 10.04, as lots of other
things might get broken in the process. I'm not a great fan of the Unity
interface either.

I'll try to pursue it with Canonical in the first instance.