Closing the books, Opening Balance & Profit & Loss

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 12:49:07 EST 2012

David--

Thanks for pointing this out; I was totally unaware of this aspect of the P&L Report.

It seems to me that this feature should probably be added to every report, so that anyone closing their books can use the many useful reports and still get viable information. As it stands right now, closing the books is something I don't do because it requires kludges to extract sensible data (such as posting Closing transactions on a day set aside for them, and remembering to modify the reports to not use that day).

Another thing that might help this feature work better would be to use the same text as default in both the Closing books routine and this report setting, and probably have both get their default from a preference setting, perhaps on the Business settings tab.

Cheers,
David