GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Mon Feb 6 15:39:05 EST 2012

On Feb 6, 2012, at 11:08 AM, foxylady337 wrote:

> I followed the instructions in the site mentioned exactly - by
> cutting-and-pasting the commands into the command line one by one.
>
> I tried reinstalling version 2.4.7 from GetDeb using the Ubuntu Software
> Centre, but when I run this version I still have the same problem.

Well, since you've successfully built trunk from source, how about re-doing the procedure (to make sure that GetDeb didn't mess something up) and then build Gnucash-2.4.10 from source.

To change the path on a menu item, right-click on the "Applications" menu on the menubar and select edit_menu. Navigate to the Gnucash and double-click on it. Change the path to wherever you installed your self-built gnucash. If you encounter permissions problems (unable to edit or unable to save changes), see http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1476034 .

Regards,
John Ralls