GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

foxylady337 hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 03:01:52 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 20:47 -0800, John Ralls-2 [via GnuCash] wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2012, at 3:49 PM, foxylady337 wrote:
>
> > Although version 2.4.99 is OK, 2.4.10 crashes in the same way as
> earlier
> > versions, reporting a segmentation fault. Here's what happens when I
> run it,
> > open the Account Summary Report and then close it:
> >
> > michael at Linley6:~/development/gnucash$
> ~/unstable/gnucash/bin/gnucash
> >

> > This is a development version. It may or may not work.
> > Report bugs and other problems to [hidden email].
> > You can also lookup and file bug reports at
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org
> > The last stable version was GnuCash 2.4.10
> > The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.6
> >
> > Found Finance::Quote version 1.17
> > Segmentation fault
> > michael at Linley6:~/development/gnucash$
> >

> > Where do we go from here? I'm happy to cooperate with some further
> > investigation if that would help.
>
> Build gnucash with CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -g -O0" at the end of the configure
> command.
>
> gdb gnucash
>
> When it crashes,
>
> bt
>
> Open a bug and paste or attach the backtrace.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

OK, John, I've got as far as "gdb gnucash", but got this response:

michael at Linley6:~/development/gnucash$ gdb gnucash
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1-ubuntu
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/gnucash...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
(gdb)

What do I do now?

Michael