Can't run 2.4.10 (was: GnuCash 2.4.10 released)

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Tue Feb 7 13:26:01 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of
Dustin Henning
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:35
To: 'John Ralls'
Cc: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org
Subject: RE: Can't run 2.4.10 (was: GnuCash 2.4.10 released)

	I had not previously tried that, the only reason I knew about r21886
was because of the copy paste bug mentioned in errata on the main page (I
happened to download 2.4.9 [and subsequently r21868] the first day r21868
was available, so I assumed it was known there was an issue and just waited
for the next full version).  That having been said, I just launched r21873
successfully, so it would appear that the problem most certainly started at
r21868.  Anything else I can do?  Thanks,
	Dustin

	I forgot to mention a probably rather important piece of information
when I originally brought this up... gtk2_prefs.exe also crashes in 2.4.10
(I didn't try it in r21868).  This is what lead to my guess that it was
related to the new GTK.

	On a separate track, it just occurred to me that if it wasn't the
new gtk that it could be compatibility with the office clipboard, so I
closed out of Outlook and tried 2.4.10 again.  It still crashed.  On that
note, when I am not using --debug and --extra, I get the normal MS error
report screen which says that gnucash.exe (or gtk2_prefs.exe) must be closed
as opposed to the application error on gconfd).

	Dustin