GnuCash Oracle File Format

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 8 10:31:30 EST 2012

JonBL <jc.blake at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> I note your comment "Gnucash will create the database if it can and needs
> to." In my original post, I indicated I have mySQL now installed, but I
> can't select mySQL as a File -> Save As option. What specifically do I need
> to do to see mySQL as an available Save As option?

You will need to:

a) have compiled gnucash with --enable-dbi, and
b) have the mysql dbi DBD driver installed

> I note that some other respondents to my original post suggest that it might
> be better to stick with XML for the time being. Is this your recommendation?

Yes, there have been a number of data loss issues in the SQL backend
code.  All known issues have been fixed as of 2.4.10, but that doesn't
mean there aren't still additional issues.  There is not a complete
code-coverage test for all features.