GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Feb 8 20:07:24 EST 2012

On Feb 8, 2012, at 8:00 AM, foxylady337 wrote:

> Glad to hear I got there in the end, John!
>
> Given that GnuCash development is a voluntary project, I'm not sure what
> happens next. My accounts are held in abeyance at the moment, and I don't
> know whether:
>
> a) To wait for a bug-fix on 2.4.7.10
> b) To transfer my accounts to my laptop, where version 11.10 of Ubuntu
> apparently works OK with 2.4.7.9. (not satisfactory, but a reasonable
> short-term expedient).
> c) To take a chance on the stability of 2.4.7.99 on my desktop.
> d) To upgrade my desktop to Ubuntu 11.10 (and risk b
> reaking all sorts of
> other programs in the process)
> e) Move to a different Linux platform (with similar risks).

2.4.10 is out. There's no schedule at this point for 2.4.11, so you might have a long wait.

There's another option: Ignore the extra report tab and just use the Gnucash you've got (after all that work you might as well use the 2.4.10 you just built!). Having a report displayed won't affect the rest of the program.

Regards,
John Ralls