Search function

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Feb 11 10:29:03 EST 2012

Hi,

On Sat, February 11, 2012 10:07 am, trythis wrote:
> I am using Gnucash 2.4.10 on Windows 7 64 bit
>
> The search function seems to be "weak"
> Searching for a single value entry does not work, most of the time. I can
> search with multiple options and gnucash will occasionally find an item,
> but
> for the most part, even if I can see it in a registry, I get blank search
> results. Anything I can do about this?

Could you be more specific about the type of searching you are doing?
Searching works fine for me.

Also, are you initiating your search from the Chart of Accounts Page or
from a register page?  The search feature is context specific and will
limit itself to the page from which you initiate the search.

> I have reinstalled a couple of times, relocated my file, but no
> improvement.

I'm not sure why you think this would make any difference?

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745