Can't run 2.4.10 (was: GnuCash 2.4.10 released)

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Feb 11 12:13:28 EST 2012

Op zaterdag 11 februari 2012 08:50:24 schreef John Ralls:
> On Feb 10, 2012, at 11:11 AM, John Ralls wrote:

> >> From what I read in the build_tags.sh script (which you can find in
> >> packaging/win32), both may result in a new tag build for 2.4.10,
> >> though I'm not really sure.
> >>
> >> If changing defaults.sh in the 2.4.10 directory would increment the
> >> revision number on the directory itself, that would trigger a new
> >> build.
> >>
> >> Tagging with 2.4.10-1 creates a new tag, which should also trigger a
> >> build. I think this approach would be cleaner than to modify an
> >> officially released tag.
> >
> > OK, I just tagged r21977 as 2.4.10-1, and I'll replace the download on
> > SF and uptdate the website pointers tomorrow morning after it builds.
> And it tried to build and failed in MinGW. Can someone with shell access
> have a look and relaunch it?

I was just looking into it.

The cause of the failure confuses me. The mingw test tries to run g++ and
mingw32-make. Both of them are part of the mingw installation and this should
fail if mingw isn't installed. Since the mingw mount point is changed just
before this to an non-existing directory, running g++ and mingw32-make should
fail, but for some reason it doesn't.

Hence the script assumes mingw is installed and continues but fails a bit
later because it can't find one of mingw's libraries. So it seems that a tag
build picks up another mingw somewhere. I haven't figured out where that might
come from.

Anyway, I managed to work around this by manually setting the mingw mountpoint
before calling "build_package.sh 2.4.10-1"

The build is running now. We'll see if it succeeds.

Geert