Payment made now for the months ahead - how to split it?

llny lucas.london at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 02:45:39 EST 2012

Hello all,

Just getting started with GnuCash here and am a complete novice with
accounting terms, so pardon my elementary question. I pay my rent once every
three months, but I'd like the payment to be split into three, such that my
housing account shows a consistent rent payment each month and thus my
monthly profit/loss doesn't spike every three months.

How do I enter such a payment?

Thanks,
Lucas