Payment made now for the months ahead - how to split it?

llny lucas.london at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:42:45 EST 2012

Ah, thanks so much all. Jim/Phil - this is a very simple and clear way to do
it. Michael, I appreciate your intro to cash vs accrual basis accounting -
your observations are right on. Cash basis accounting seems much simpler,
though this rent transaction is the only payment I have that covers a few
months, so I will try to do the "prepaid rent" account method. All my other
expenses are tracked the day they are made.