The application Gnucash cancelled shut down

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Wed Feb 15 00:29:12 EST 2012

Gnucash 2.4.10 (using SQLite for the accounts file)
OS X 10.7.3

If I shut down my Mac when Gnucash is running, applications start
exiting (as expected), and then I get the message: "The application
Gnucash cancelled shut down", even though Gnucash itself exits.

I also had the same behaviour on OS X 10.6.8 and Gnucash versions 2.4.9
and 2.4.10.

I've done some searching based on the message and the only think I've
found that seems even remotely related is from the Gnc 2.4.6 release
notes <http://www.gnucash.org/oldnews.phtml>: "Fix up the Mac shutdown
process to give Gnucash a chance to clean up without spewing critical
errors about the main loop already running (because of calling
gnc_shutdown in an event handler)." However, I don't think that that
refers to the same problem.

I've had a look at the trace file from an instance of this happening,
and apart from lots of entries being tagged with
"g_signal_handlers_disconnect_matched", which I assume is a response to
Gnucash being sent a SIGTERM or similar, I can't see anything that
appears to relate to Gnucash stopping the shutdown.

It's not a big deal, really, just curious that shutdown appears to make
Gnucash exit cleanly, but Gnucash appears to be stopping the shutdown.

Peter