Lock problem with samba share and encfs

Bob Brush bobbrush3 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:53:50 EST 2012

That might be very hard to trouble shoot.. I know on a windows share you
have to deal with network permissions and ntfs permissions,  you are
using a linux machine on both ends, you might check what account your
samba users are mapped to on both ends, maybe the samba is correctly set
up to allow access, but the user opening gnucash is account 501 and the
folder on the remote server is owned by account 500 with read access for
but not writing by account 500.. Or it could be that both the folder and
file permisions are the same on both computers, but the samba user is
mapped to a different account number so it would not be allowed access
only when using samba..

I hope this is helpful,  Bob

BTW, I have found that sharing gnucash files with other computers works
very reliably and predictably using ssh, it works out of the box most
every time..

--
Robert L. Brush III
Raleigh Tile of Beckley ** West Virginia