Using Customer or Vendor accounts to track donations

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Feb 18 08:55:30 EST 2012

John Dunshee wrote:

>We have the donations accumulate for a couple of weeks and them make one combined deposit in the bank account. So I don't want the donations posted to the bank accounts separately. We make a combined deposit whenever we have enough to make it worthwhile.

In which case have an account for "undeposited funds" (aka "cash"). When
you eventually make the bank deposit you debit the bank account and
credit this account to a balance of zero. I am in the same situation as
items for deposit sit until the next time going into town where the bank
is located (and have time for a side trip to that bank).

Michael