GC Start up noise.

Robert Eldon Taylor philologos at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 21 11:05:44 EST 2012

Regards to All,

Using WinXp SP2 and GC 2.4.8.

When I start the program it makes a very irritating noise on my
computer's speaker (not the sound board) consisting of a very rapid
series of beeps.  Sometimes it is louder and sometimes barely audible
and sometime very loud, as today.  No other program I have does this
and in fact I only hear the speaker when booting my machine.

I have looked for an option to control this but cannot find one. I
hope there is some way to shut this off?

Thanks for your attention to my question,
Bob Taylor