GC Start up noise.

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Feb 21 15:10:29 EST 2012

At Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:52:50 -0500 philologos at mindspring.com wrote:

> Regards to All,
>
> Using WinXp SP2 and GC 2.4.8.
>
> I see there are several puzzled responses to my question, so I tried
> it again several times with the speakers muted and I was wrong, it IS
> coming from the sound board, but does sound like multiple beeps from
> the system speakers.
>
> I have tried changing the options to suppress the splash screen and
> tips, but made no difference.
>
> The files I am opening are converted from quicken and contain numerous
> accounts with many years of transactions.
>
> I have no idea how further to document this problem for you but will
> be happy to try.

Totally random thought (I am NOT a user of MS-Windows, so this is just a
guess on my part):  Is it possible that some sort of virus protection
software is trying to warn you about GnuCash.  Since GnuCash is NOT some
sort of payware that would be 'known' to virus checkers, a virus checker
might want to flag it for some reason.  I do know that in the past
MS-Windows have gotten various messages from virus and firewall software
complaining about GnuCash.