"Advanced Portfolio" realized gain/loss

John Layman john.layman at laymanandlayman.com
Sat Feb 25 07:41:06 EST 2012

There must be something I am missing about this method.  Seems like it
requires a two-transaction shuttle (from income to asset, from asset to
investment or cash acct) and still fails to track performance for dividends
that aren't reinvested (i.e. accumulate in a cash acct.)

This area of GnuCash is so poorly thought out I gave up on tracking
performance.  It's worth the cost of a Morningstar account not to torture
myself inventing workarounds in GnuCash.